Saturday, March 24, 2012

My little break

This semester I am taking a class in Spanish Literature of the 20th century. Being in a higher level of Spanish, there is a lot more required of me than there was in my literature class last semester, when most of the reading was done in class.  This semester I have to read 4 books outside of class (yes Mom, in Spanish).   After getting through two of the books, I decided that I needed a break from reading all that Spanish.  So I started reading the Hunger Game trilogy.  If you haven't read the book, stop what you're doing and read them now!  I started the first book on Wednesday night and just finished the last book about an hour ago. I'm telling you, it's not a happy subject at all and the whole time I was just thinking "Oh God, this is horrible!" but I just got so sucked in that I had to keep reading because I had to make sure that everyone was all right.  I took a couple hours after finishing the second book before starting the third and I was biting my nails from nervousness because I was so worried about whether or not Peeta was ok.  Seriously, go read the books



One thing that has really helped me with reading all the Spanish books, is being able to read them on my Kindle.  I found all of them, but one in the Kindle store and I also downloaded a Spanish Dictionary.  Having the dictionary, when I see a word I don't know all I have to do is move the curser to the word and the definition will show up at the top of the screen.  It makes reading a lot faster when I don't have to look up every single word I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment