Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Paris

A few weeks ago I had a whole week of school to celebrate Holy Week.   I started of my vacation meeting my parents in Paris.  I have to say,  except for maybe when I was really young, Paris was always one of those cities that I wouldn't say no to, but never really considered a must see city.  Well, after actually going to Paris, I think I've changed my mind.   I would probably say, it is one of my favorite cities that I've visited.  Now, what exactly I liked so much about it, I can't really tell you, it definitely wasn't the food.  The first day, we didn't do much because we were all tired.  We went to see the Hunger Games (in English) and then went to see the Eiffel Tower all lit up.  The next day we went to the Louvre.  I was actually kind of disappointed with the Mona Lisa.  It was probably because there were so many tourist, standing right in front of the painting and never moving, so that my little 5'2" self never saw more than the top half of the painting.  Other than that I really did enjoy the museum.  I think my favorite thing was the Venus de Milo.  Now for the food.  The most interesting meal, probably of the whole trip, was lunch after the Louvre.  The place we ate was beautiful, but they did not have an English menu and seeing as no one in my family speaks French, we had no idea what we were ordering.  We ended up with a lot of raw meat.  I had raw salmon which was basically just like eating sushi. My dads plate of raw beef was a little weirder.  Once I got past the "ew it's raw" feeling, it was actually quite tasty.  Dinner that night was  really good.  My mom and I both had French onion soup (tasted even better than Julia Child's) some sort of mushroom dish and escargot.  I was a little worried about the snails at first but really, what's the difference between a snail and an oyster? 


No comments:

Post a Comment