Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A comer mi nina!


Calabazin Relleno

The first time we had this meal, I thought it was a chili relleno so I was really excited to be having something spicy.  Well, it’s a zucchini and we’re in Spain so it was definitely not spicy.  For anyone out there who might think Spanish food is the same as Mexican food, there is one HUGE difference.  Spicy food does not exist in Spain. Even when Carmen makes Mexican food (she makes fajitas about once a week) it’s not even as spicy as the mildest Mexican food I’ve had.  I had never even heard of anyone stuffing a zucchini before, but once you get use to the idea of it being a zucchini and get over the disappointment of it not being spicy, it’s actually very good.  It’s another one of my favorites (I think I say that about everything Carmen cooks).  It’s stuffed with ground pork, tomato, more zucchini and lots of cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment