Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving in Spain







Thanksgiving is kind of an awkward time being in a foreign country thousands of miles away from your family and home. It’s really easy to complain about not being able to go home and not being able to spend the holiday with your family and friends. In my opinion, that is completely pointless. Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for what you have and not a time to complain about what you don’t have or what you can’t do. So instead of wishing you could be with your family, be thankful you have a family missing you, loving you, supporting you and waiting for you to come home. There are many people in the world who don’t have that. When I signed up to be in Spain for a year, I knew that I would be missing out on birthdays and holidays and I decide that it would be worth it and, honestly, so far it is worth it. I am so fortunate to be where I am, with the people I’m with and I am very thankful for this opportunity. Here is what I’m thankful for this year:

No comments:

Post a Comment