Saturday, December 17, 2011

Chats with Carmen

The other day, my roommate couldn't make it home for lunch so it was just me and Carmen and it was pretty quite.  After a couple of minutes of lagging conversation Carmen begins the conversation of relationships.  This is generally how that conversation went.

Carmen: Grace, I don't understand why you don't have a boyfriend.  You're pretty, smart, funny, nice.  Why don't you have a boyfriend?

Grace:  I don't know.  I guess I just haven't found anyone I really want to be with.

Carmen:  Well you're young, you have plenty of time.  But girls in America get married so young, like 24 or 25 years old, right?  You only have like 4 more years.

Grace : Yes, but America also has like the highest divorce rate in the world right now.  I think I would rather be closer to 30 year old when I get married and know that I'm marrying the right person, then get married in 4 years and end up getting divorced.

Carmen:  Oh, you are so smart!  You should try to find yourself a Spanish boyfriend.  Spanish boys are very nice and much better looking than American boys.

Grace: Do you know anyone my age?

Carmen:  No, all my siblings and friends children are either 14 years old or 30 years old.  Maybe ISA can find you an intercambio that can be your boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment