Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Oh there's no place like home for the holidays

For no matter how far away you roam
When you long for the sunshine of a friendly gaze
For the holidays you can't beat home, sweet home

Tomorrow morning I will be on my way home for my winter break.  This year I did roam quite far away from home and as much as I really hate to admit it, I am really really really excited to go home.  Of course I might just be excited because it's Christmas time or because I know I'm coming back to Granada in February, but right now I am literally bouncing off the walls, looking for something to do to keep myself entertained until 6:30 tomorrow morning.

Last night, I went by the ISA buses to say goodbye to some friends.  I thought I was only going to stay there for like 15-30 minutes, say goodbye to some of my good friends and be done with it.  No, I was standing outside in the cold for an hour and 30 minutes hugging just about all hundred people getting on the bus (some I swear I've never seen before even though they's been in my study abroad group all semester). 

My roommate, Greta, left this morning to spend Christmas in the Netherlands with her sister (in grad school there). So now it's just me. My bags are packed and I'm ready to go, with the small exception that I'm about a day early. 




No comments:

Post a Comment