Friday, February 1, 2013

Where are all the snow shovels?

I get it.  School should not be cancelled for this little amount of snow.  I mean, it doesn't even completely cover the grass.  The 2 hr delay was probably unnecessary (though appreciated).  But if you're going to make us come to class, please learn how to properly clean the sidewalks and get that done before classes start.  This is what appears to be the method here at UK:
  • Wait until students and faculty walk all over campus which not only makes a huge sloppy,wet mess in the hallways of building from snow melting off shoes, but also turns what was nice, light, easily shoveled snow into an icy, slippery mess that's almost impossible to get off the sidewalks.
  • Then toss some salt on 2 or 3 of the major walkways of campus while completely ignoring any other sidewalks and the stairs to buildings.
 
I'm not mad that I had to go to class today.  I'm not even mad that I slipped and fell and now have a nice, big bruise on my butt.  I just think it would be easier for everyone if someone just shoveled the snow before the university opens for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment