Thursday, February 21, 2013

Yay! It's done!!

The 8hr diet officially ended yesterday.  Official weigh in :151 lbs for a totally weight loss (for the six weeks I've been doing this stupid thing) of 2.5 lbs. I'm not even going to waste the time taking my other measurements because losing 2.5 lbs (without really exercising) is not enough to make significant difference in my measurements. How underwhelming is that?  But at the same time hahaha I was right.  I love it when I'm right. 
 
 
My opinion on weight loss (which is based on no actually research and only on my personal experience) is that what you eat is the most important factor.  Exercise is important too but if you're eating junk all day your workout is not going to have that big of an effect.  Having this diet plan tell me that what I eat isn't as important as when I eat made me feel like it was ok to eat much more junk than I normally would have.  I ordered take out more than I usually do, I bought low quality, overly processed food,  I bought ice cream for the first time since I moved into my apartment 6 months ago.  If someone losses a significant amount of weight on this diet I can almost guarantee that it is because of what they are eating instead of the fact that they are only eating during an 8 hour period.
 
 
Now that this is over, I'm looking for some new crazy things to try.   I think next up will be oil pulling.  But I will need some new ideas soon enough.  So, if you have anything you would like to see me try, let me know.  It can be a new food, recipe, activity, weight loss program...anything.  As long as it is safe and can fit into my budget, I'll be willing to give it a go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment