Thursday, August 18, 2011

El Principio - The Beginning

Hello!!!! Thanks for reading my blog.  El Camino Mio, the title of my blog, means My Journey and that is exactly what this is all about.  You see, I'm leaving in just about a week to live in Granada, Spain for a year and study Spanish language and culture at the university there.  Now that's a journey worth sharing.

So some basic info about me...I just finished my freshmen year at the University of Kentucky (UK).  I am majoring in Spanish but I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with that yet.  I'll find something. You know translating, teaching...it all sounds fun to me.  This won't be my first time to Spain.  I went on my high schools forgein langauge trip my senior year. We went all over the place, Madrid, Segovia, Granada, Sevilla, Cordoba, and Cadiz.  It was a great trip but two weeks was just not enough time for me and that is why I decided to go back.

While I'm in Granada, I will be living in a home stay.  The home I was placed in is the home of a single woman and another student will be living there as well. Like I said before, I will be taking classes at the University of Granada.  In order to get credit at UK for the classes I take in Granada I have to take all of my classes in Spanish.  This makes me a little nervous, mainly because I have to do well enough on my placement exam in order to take classes in Spanish.  In fact, now that I think about it, I should really start reviewing a little bit.

I am so excited for this trip.  I can't believe how fast it is coming up.

Hasta Luego!!




No comments:

Post a Comment