Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mi Llegada - My Arrival

Hello everyone!! I have been in Spain for just about three days now and loving every minute of it.  After a long day of flights and some rough times with the airports ( including a long wait in London and my suitcase getting lost) I am just happy to be here.  Many other people from the program (like my roommate Greta)  haven't been able to make it in yet because of the hurricane.  So I figured as long as I'm here, I'm pretty darn lucky.

The first night in Madrid we took a tour of the city in a bus. 
This is a statue of Christopher Columbus in the middle of the Plaza de Columbus
This is the Banco de Espana. It's a very old, very large bank. I think the tour guide said this building used to be the city hall building but I'm not really sure.

This statue is in the center of the Puerto del Sol which is the center of Madrid.

I'll write about the second and third days another time.  It's 2am here right now and I shoud probably get going to bed. We leave at 11am for Granada and we'll be meeting our host families.

Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment