Friday, September 2, 2011

El Segundo Dia - The second day

Ok so it's really been about a week since I've been in Spain but I'm really behind and there is so much you need to know.

The second day in Madrid started at the Museum of La Reina Sofia. This is a pretty large museum of modern art.  The building is an old sanatorium for TB patients and it kind of has that old hospital look to it.  We had a tour guide who took us around to show us the most famous paintings by three very famous Spanish painters, Salvidor Dali, Pablo Picasso, and Joan Miro. My favorite painting was La Guernica by Pablo Picasso.   

Picasso painted this during the Spanish civil war as a response to the bombing of a small town called Guernica.

After the Museum we went to the Palacio Real (Royal Palace).  The royal family doesn't live there any more but they still sign important documents and have important parts and stuff like that.


After the Palace, we had free time for the rest of the day. A group of friends and I went to Plaza Mayor, just to walk around.  I took the by a cute jewelry store that I remember going to the last time I was in Spain.  It's really cool to see places that I've been to before.




Well I'm still not really caught up to whats going on right now but I'll get there eventually.

Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment