Thursday, October 6, 2011

Quite Weekend at Home

This past weekend was a long weekend for us here in Granada. Our intensive month classes ended on Friday and our other classes just started today.  So pretty much everyone decided to go to cool places like Rome or Paris, but because I decided to take an Italian class and those classes started a week earlier than the rest, I stayed in Granada. It was a pretty quite weekend since my roommate went to Madrid and the rest of my friends were in Paris, but I found ways to keep myself entertained.

Saturday I did a bit of shopping at some of the more popular stores in Spain like Zara and H&M.  I even bought a pair of green pants.  Colored pants are a very popular style here so I decided I would give it a try.

On Sunday in Spain, pretty much every store is closed because it's Sunday and you should stay at home and rest, So I took a little walk around town to see some of the sites.  I went to the Cathedral of Granada and paid the 3.5 euros it cost to go in and look around.  It was totally worth the price.  It was so pretty inside.  After the cathedral, I went for a walk in the Albayzin, which is the oldest part of the city.  It has skinny streets that there are some street that I (even with the short arms on my short body) can touch the building on both sides of the street.

That's pretty much all I did with my weekend, besides reading and knitting.  Classes started today so I'm going to be a little bit busier now.




No comments:

Post a Comment