Saturday, October 1, 2011

Is it really October???

When I picked Granada as the place I would study abroad, a big deciding factor was the weather. It doesn't really get cold in Granada and while that is something I really enjoy, I am kind of missing fall weather.  If I didn't just look at a calander I would think it's August here.  About this time of year in Kentucky, I would be pulling out my sweaters and scarfs and hats and all those things I spend so much time knitting.  Here, I am wearing tank tops and sandles.  It's kind of uncomfortable to be wearing sweaters when it's 85 degrees during the day.  In fact, it might not even be the weather I miss, but the clothes.

Another Fall time thing I'm missing is football.  And I mean American football, not "futbol". The first thing I do every Sunday morning is walk down to the internet cafe and check the football scores from the day before.  It's probably a good thing I don't have internet in my house because if I did, I would probably spend all Saturday night in front of my computer watching football games online instead of going out and actually experiencing Spanish nightlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment