Friday, September 30, 2011

Yarn Store!

I found a yarn store! Knitting isn't really a popular hobby in this area of Spain because it never really gets that cold so I was extremely happy to find this little store. I found a pattern for a scarf I want to make for my friends Tony and Josiah so I walked in today after my class was over and I got to say, the whole experience kind of crushed my confidence in my Spanish speaking skills.  Knitting terminology is something that I never thought to learn in Spanish and then with the difference beween the metric system and the needle sizes, I was totally lost.  It took me a good 15-20 minutes to figure out how to tell the man working that I needed needles let alone what size I need.  Thankfully he was really nice and helpful and I eventually got all the supplies I needed.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Did they have good stuff. I can't wait to visit. Maybe you need to spend more time shopping to work on your Spanish. Mom

    ReplyDelete