Saturday, January 5, 2013

Earning my Sleep

So I got back to Lexington early Wednesday afternoon and then spent the next few days getting 10 hrs of sleep a night only to wake up and sit on my butt, watching tv shows that I've seen a hundred times.  I have not unpacked. I have not cleaned my apartment. I have not left my apartment for any other reason but to get my mail.  I have not taken down my Christmas decorations.  I have been sitting around in my pjs all day because honestly, those are the only clean cloths I have and I'm too lazy to get up and do my laundry. 
 
I've been telling myself that this is an "unusual" situation because it's the last week before classes start and I want to relax so I'm well rested for the new semester.  Truth is, this is not unusual at all.  In fact, this is pretty much what every weekend looks like for me.  Even during the school week, I go to class, come home and do as little as I possibly can.  I never do anything unless it is absolutely necessary.
 
It's time to change that.  I'm sick of going to bed at night, fusing with the sheets and blankets because I didn't make the bed that morning, and laying there thinking that I've done nothing to earn my sleep and feeling like my biggest accomplishment of the day was watching the entire first season of the Big Bang Theory. 
 
My goal for this year is to do at least one thing EVERY day that makes me feel like I've accomplished something.  This could be anything from cleaning my fish bowl to making a great dinner to starting an assignment the day it is assigned instead of the day it is due.  Just one little thing, that is not something I have to do like go to class or buy groceries,  that leaves me fully satisfied with my day.
 
What are your goals for 2013?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad you are all rested up, classes start tomorrow. Hope you enjoy this semester as much as you enjoyed the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classes start on Wednesday. I'm ready for this semester to start.

    ReplyDelete