Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Year of Try: The Eight Hour Diet

So, earlier today, I wrote I nice long blog post about  The Eight Hour Diet and how I think it stupid but I going to try it because I think it's stupid and I want to see for myself whether it works or not and then I accidentally deleted that post. Because I have other things going on and I don't want to waste my time, I'm not going to rewrite that whole post so here is the general idea:
 
You eat what you want, how much you want, how often you want during an 8 hour time frame and then you don't eat at all during the other 16 hours of the day.  You are allowed water, coffee and tea (you can use small amounts of milk and sugar) during the sixteen hours that you're not eating.  Exercise is optional, except for 8 minutes of any activity in the morning, and you only have to follow this plan for 3 days a week. Follow this plan 3 days a week for 6 weeks and apparently you could lose up to 20lbs. 
 
Does this sound like hokum to you? Because it sounds like hokum to me.  Do you remember about a week ago when I said that my word of the year was "try"?  Do you remember when I said that if I catch myself saying that something is ridiculous and won't work, that I was going to try it?  Well...I'm starting this plan tomorrow. Here are my starting measurements and a couple of starting pictures:
 
Weight: 153.5 lbs
Waist: 31 inches
Hips: 38 inches
Bust: 38.5 inches
 
 
Most of the examples from the book of people who lost 20lbs in 6 weeks are people who were about 300lbs to begin with.  Seeing as I weigh half of that (and assuming the diet works) I cannot expect to have the same result.  With that said, if I lose 7lbs or more, I will proclaim to the world (or at least the people who read my blog) that I was wrong and that the Eight Hour Diet is not hokum.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment