Sunday, September 18, 2011

Desayuno - Breakfast


Breakfast in Spain is extremely different than in the States.  In America, we learn that “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” In Spain, if you eat breakfast at all it is really small. Most people just eat toast and coffee and sometimes fruit juice.  In class the other day, we were talking about the biggest differences between Spain and America and every person in my class said breakfast is the biggest difference.  We all said that bread, juice and coffee is just not enough food for breakfast. To that, our teacher said “But bread, juice and coffee is a huge breakfast.”

My breakfast everyday consists of packaged, premade toast with Nutella and coffee.  Sometimes I eat a piece of fruit but most of the time, no.  Nutella is very popular is Spain.  In America there’s commercials advertising Wheaties with fruit and juice and milk as the breakfast of champions.  In Spain there are commercials that advertise bread with Nutella and coffee as the breakfast of champions.  Carmen bought a box of Corn Flakes so we could have cereal for breakfast but I prefer the toast.  It was a little hard to eat that little for breakfast at first because we don’t eat lunch until 2:30 and I was getting hungry by 10:30 but now, I’m use to it and I actually prefer a smaller breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment