Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pasapalabra

Well, I've already found my favorite Spanish television show.  My host mom, Carmen, pretty much always has the TV on. Her two favorite shows in the afternoon are Salvame and Pasapalabra.  I would say that Salvame is like the Spanish Jerry Springer, but they talk so fast, I've never been able to understand a single thing they say, so I could be completely wrong. All I understand is that they fight a lot.  Pasaplabra comes on at 8 here and I think I might be becoming addicted to it.  It's a game show that has like 5 challenges that the contestents need to complete.  My 2 favorite challenges are La Pista Musical and El Rosco.  In La Pista Musical, a few seconds of a song is played and the players have to guess what song it is.  If they can't figure it out, they can have up to five "pistas" or hints. El Rosco is the main challenge of the show.  One person from each team is chosen to play and they have to guess 26 different words that all start with a different letter of Spanish alphabet and if they guess all the words then their team wins the money thats in the pot.  The pot is a lot like the lottery in American because every day that no one gets all the words right, the pot gets bigger.  I think right now, it's up to 822,000 euros which is $11, 470, 913. My Spanish vocabulary has improved so much just from watching this show.  Every night I sit in front of the tv with my little pink notebook writing down all the words I don't know so I can look them up later.

Here's a youtube video of El Rosco. This guy is really good. Most people either get a word wrong or say Pasapalabra after 3 or 4 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment